- Sarah Lawrence College. Master of Fine Arts in Writing, concentration in creative nonfiction, Fall 2012.
- Oberlin College. Bachelor of Arts in English and Dance, May 1997.
- Yogaworks 200-hour teacher certification, July 2008.
- OM Yoga. Yin Yoga teaching certification, April 2012.
- Fordham University. Adjunct Professor. August 2017-present. I teach Composition II, a first year course that I have framed to focus on identity, and Texts and Contexts, a critical reading course for sophomores, focusing on autobiographical writing.
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), Adjunct Professor. August 2017-present. I teach Introduction to Creative Nonfiction, with a focus on the personal essay, profile, and narrative nonfiction.
- Purchase College (State University of New York at Purchase) Lecturer in Writing. 2012-present. I teach College Writing, a course comprising three units of study; narrative essay, critical analysis, and research. I also teach The Art of the Essay, for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. I founded “Primary Sources,” an annual student coffeehouse and reading series, for first-year writing students.
- Purchase College (State University of New York at Purchase) Instructor, Creative Writing Institute. June 2016. I originates and teach curriculum for students aged 14-17, focusing upon voice, character, plot, structure, and revision within the summer Creative Writing Institute for teens. Students collaboratively design and edit an anthology of their work in each session.
- The College of New Rochelle, Adjunct professor. August 2013-May 2016. I taught The Art of Storytelling, Children’s Literature, and Women’s Classical Poetry, as well as poetry and nonfiction workshops for juniors and seniors. I also led workshops for first-year students, Translating Experience into the Essay and Autobiographical Writing.
- Sarah Lawrence College. Instructor. Sept 2009-May 2013. I created a yoga curriculum for the Physical Education department, developing Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Yin, and restorative yoga classes for undergraduates.
- Marquis Studios and Brooklyn Arts Exchange. Teaching artist. Sept 2005-present. I designed and implemented performing and literary arts residencies for New York City public school students, as well as professional development sessions for teachers. I created a STEAM program for Marquis Studios, integrating science curricula with creative movement and writing, for students Pre-K through Grade 5.
- The Creators Collective, Brooklyn, NY, Creative Writing Instructor. January 2014-present. I design and teach a fifteen-week winter creative writing workshop for teens, each year emphasizing a particular theme. Themes have included connection to the body, nurturing our creative obsessions, and building connections with our communities.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Finalist for the Annual Creative Writing Award, The American Literary Review. Fall 2016.
- Honorable Mention, Very Short Fiction Award, Glimmer Train. January 2015.
- Nominee, Best of the Net Anthology 2014, Sundress Publications. Autumn 2014.
- Finalist, Cheryl Strayed/VIDA Memoir Scholarship. February 2013.